Week 44 - Coconut Trees

Hello Everyone!

So I got my companion back on Friday night! Elder Blazzard and I are back together. While he was gone I was in a trio with the two other Elders. One is from France and the other is a Tahitian. It was fun to have all of our three cultures together in one house. It was a cool experience to live with people that only speak French. It is honestly so cool that I can live with others that speak a totally different language then me and I totally understand and can talk to them like normal!

This week was a week full of bike rides! We covered the entire island for the week and it sure was a lot of fun. I am pretty sure we did close to 30 miles every single day! It was a lot but my legs are getting use to all of the riding. It was nice to be able to meet other investigators and members in the other areas of the island!

This next week is the last week before transfers. I most likely will be leaving the island. I have loved Tubuai and all the memories and lessons I have learned out here. I really feel like I have grown individually as well as spiritually. I have loved every minute I have had out on this island to serve and help the people here.... but I am ready and excited for a change!

Haven't done this in a while, but this scripture really touched me this week: 1 Timothy 4:12 "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

Oh by the way, I totally climbed a coconut tree this week! I can check that off my bucket list!

I love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Van Lindt
On my way up ...
The view was amazing!
This is to prove that I can cook and eat healthy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 82 - Life in the Big City!

Week 23, 24, 25, 26 - I AM STILL ALIVE!!

Week 22 - Tubuai