Week 42 - General Conference

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well and had a great Easter Weekend!

This week sure was hot out here in Tubuai. The humidity and heat really hit us, and my clothes were wet but this time with sweat! I have noticed that out on my mission my clothes are always wet! Either  from it raining so much or from it being so hot we sweat! I can't win!

This past weekend we had General Conference. For those who don't know what this is, it is when the Prophet and his Apostles and other leaders of the church speak to us. What a blessing it is to have a living prophet on the Earth today. One of the talks that really touched me was President Nelson's talk about receiving personal  revelation. I think we can all receive personal revelation if we ask through prayer with real intent and a sincere heart and with faith. Knowing that is so rewarding because we can literally receive answers to our prayers.

One day this week we came home to a horse that was standing right at our door to our house. It was super funny! The horse was loose, so of course I had to catch it and take a selfie with it! Also this week we were in the middle of a lesson with this old lady and she said she couldn't read without her glasses, then she pulls out these green glasses and puts them on and starts reading! I was trying my hardest not to burst out laughing! At the end I asked her if I could give them a try!

I hope you all have a great week and seek to have personal revelation in your lives. I know that you can all receive answers to your prayers. So pray and talk with God. I know He is there and I know He wants to talk with us, but we need to take that first step!

I love you all!

Elder Kyle Van Lindt
Selfie with the horse
Amazing how much better I can read with these!
Never gets old


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 82 - Life in the Big City!

Week 23, 24, 25, 26 - I AM STILL ALIVE!!

Week 22 - Tubuai