Week 40 - Baptisms in the Pacific

Hello!

This week was such a great week! We had two baptisms! I was so happy for Mateata dn Itaia. Their baptism was so powerful and such a spiritual experience. I always love baptisms and watching people take that step to change. They were so happy and it was such a beautiful thing to watch them be baptized.

This week has been full of rain. Like literally, getting wet to the bone kinda rain. I am pretty sure there were a few days that I went through like 4 changes of clothes because we would come home to get into dry clothes and then they would get wet! I can honestly say that I am not a big fan of rain anymore! LOL ... gotta love mold growing all over everything you own.

This past weekend was Stake Conference and it was awesome to hear from the Stake President and his counselors. Whenever they come down to Tubuai it is like a huge deal, so they have these huge parties for them. Which is super awesome, but that also means a ton of Tahitian food! Tahitian food is a LOT different then American food. I love eating the real Tahitian food, but let's just say that my stomach does not enjoy it!

The area that I am serving in is pretty big. We cover pretty much the entire island! It's all good except we are on bikes, and we have to ride up mountains to get to some members and investigators. We usually get close to 35 miles a day on our bikes! It is awesome but it also gets old really quick!

I love you all so much!

Elder Van Lindt
Ready for baptisms (and yes the water feels amazing!)
It's awesome to witness a baptism in the Pacific
A little damp, but happy!
Such a great family!
Never thought I would miss peanut butter and jelly!!
Always like seeing "California"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 82 - Life in the Big City!

Week 23, 24, 25, 26 - I AM STILL ALIVE!!

Week 22 - Tubuai