Week 21 - Transfers & Saying Goodbyes

Well Hello Everyone!

I sure have had the most crazy week of my mission this week!

So first things first, my finger is doing a lot better. The infection is almost completely gone. Just still finishing up the medicine and I should be good to go!

On Friday night I received a phone call saying that I am getting transferred. So about an hour ago my plane just landed on this little island of Tubuai that I will now be serving on. It is a super tiny island in the South Pacific. I think I heard it is about 24 kilometers. It is also a lot different from Tahiti. It isn't as civilized as it is on Tahiti! There really isn't much out here. But on the bright side it is BEAUTIFUL! I have never seen a place so beautiful! I heard that it is apparently one of the most beautiful islands in the Pacific!

It was really hard saying goodbye to all the awesome people I met while I was in Faaripo. I didn't think it would be that hard, especially leaving the Orbeck family. They are like my family away from home and it was super tough saying goodbye to them, and all of the members and investigators there. Faaripo literally felt like my home and it was so tough to leave!

I don't have a lot of time today. I promise my email will be longer next week with a ton of pictures from this beautiful island!

I love and miss you all!

Elder Van Lindt
Me and my zone leader Elder Hollowell
Sister Orbeck and me
 I love the people in Faaripo
 I have learned so much from the people here
 I am grateful that my mission has made them part of my life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 82 - Life in the Big City!

Week 23, 24, 25, 26 - I AM STILL ALIVE!!

Week 22 - Tubuai