Week 73 - Killer Centipede

Happy Halloween to you all!

I hope you all had a great week full of Joy! And I hope you all got a lot of candy from Halloween. It is really unfortunate that they don't celebrate that holiday here! But we went and bought some candy anyways!

So I have a scary story for you all, since it was Halloween and all! So the other morning I was taking a shower and all was well. We finally had hot water since it was sunny! LOL Anyways, life was great! So I get out of the shower and grab my towel and as I am drying off my face I see a centipede crawling on my towel centimeters away from my face!! Let me tell you ... these aren't your average old centipedes. They are HUGE, SCARY and they BITE! Luckily I was quick enough and it didn't bite me. It fell on the ground and I quickly dried off and broomed it out of the house and killed it! But I did have my life flash before my eyes for a quick second! LOL
Si non, this week was great! On Thursday morning we went to the Temple with one of our recent converts, Toofa! It was a great experience and so powerful! I was funny because on Thursday it was the Day of the Dead and we were in the Temple doing baptisms for the dead! I thought it was cool! I love the Temple!
Elder Peck, Toofa and me at the Temple
I love my mission and all of the things I am learning while I am here. It has truly been a big blessing for me and I am grateful for every minute I get to serve the people here in Tahiti. I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kyle Van Lindt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 82 - Life in the Big City!

Week 23, 24, 25, 26 - I AM STILL ALIVE!!

Week 22 - Tubuai